--- Pokemon League Champion Events! Jun 30, 2010 14:25:17 GMT -5
Post by Skythe on Jun 30, 2010 14:25:17 GMT -5
Several different periods of time, PLC will release their own individual event Pokemon out to the public. This will be PLC's way of reaching out to the community by making them feel like family. The information on events will be released over the Announcements, so be sure to keep your eye open!The Pokemon will sometimes consist of unlegit Pokemon with edited attacks and IV's that allow them to be different from others, but they will also consist of Pokemon that will pass the standards of being legit, but are over-all illegal through any Standard Battle Clause on the site and elsewhere. They may be used for future tournaments though.
These event Pokemon are easily obtainable through a very individual GTS distribution method. Below you will find the directions on how to set yourself up.
- The first step is to modify the usual Wi-Fi configuration so that GTS will connect to Pokemon League Champion! servers instead of Nintendo's.
- In your DS's wifi settings (accessible at the bottom of the Continue screen on your Pokemon game).
- Assuming you've already got a connection to your local wireless network set up, click the settings for that connection.
- Scroll down a bit and, where it says something about the "DNS", change Autoconnect to "No".
- Then manually enter "192.168.1.107" as the primary DNS server. Save your settings, and go back to the title screen.
Then, go to the Global Trade Station/Global Terminal in Jubilife City (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum) or Goldenrod City (HeartGold/SoulSilver), and connect as usual. After entering and "checking GTS status", the game should immediately send you the Pokémon, and then kick you back to the title screen via a "connection error".
Finally, start your game. Your new Pokémon should be present, either in your team or in Bebe/Bill's PC!
Don't forget to put your Wi-Fi settings back to the way they were if you wish to use any of the Wi-Fi capabilities after the event!